1. PROFILE OF NAGALAND POLICE TRAINING SCHOOL (NPTS)
Nagaland Police Training School was established on 1st November 1966 by the Government of Nagaland with the following main objectives :-
- To provide basic Training to the young and energetic new recruit constable/havildar/ASI (both men/women) to develop professional knowledge, Job oriented skills and right attitude as police personnel in the service of the society as guardians of law and order.
- To provide in-service/refresher courses and otherspecializedcourses to the serving personnel at regular intervals to adapt themselves and move along with the changing scenario in the professional subjects, both indoor and outdoor.
iii. To provide, such other courses as may be required by the Government/ Police Department from time to time as per requirement.
- NPTS has succeeded in maintaining high standards training leadings to the development of a strong foundation of Nagaland Police, both outdoor and indoor subjects. It has infrastructures to meet training needs of the level of personnel specified above.
2. TRAINING FACULTY
|1||Narola Sophie, NPS||Principal|
|2||Vikluto John, NPS||Vice – Principal|
|3||Shri Imtiakum Ao, Dy. SP||Asst. Principal|
|4||Shri Philip Yanthan, UBI||Chief Law Instructor (CLI)|
|5||Shri Imsutanget, ABI||Subedar Major (SM)|
|6||Shri Mosa Zeliang, ABI||Chief Drill Intructor (CDI)|
|7||Shri Kamal Sundas, ABI||Band i/c|
|8||Shri Yanthithung, UBSI||Law Instructor|
|9||Shri T. Chuba Ao, UBSI||Law Instructor|
|10||Shri Imtikaba Ao, UBSI||Coy. Comdr.|
|11||Shri Khondau Lotha, UBSI||Law Instructor|
|12||Shri Izehube Zeliang, ABSI||Coy. Comdr.|
|13||Shri Medoho Thakro, UBSI||Law Instructor|
|14||Smti Achila Jamir, ASI||Law Instructor|
Apart from the above we have regular instructors for both outdoor and indoor classes from within the premises of P.T.S. Resource persons/guest lectures like well known educationist, judiciary, media, NGOs, Technical officers, senior police officers, bureaucrats etc. are invited when special courses are conducted.
3. TRANSPORT FACILITY
- a) NPTS Provides group transport facilities as and when required during the trainingprogrammes.
- b) Private Mini-Buses,Taxis and Auto rickshaws are available fromDimapur to Chumukedima.
4. NPTS HOSTEL/MESS
NPTS has a hostel with 40 (forty) Beds for NGOs and one small central mess to accommodate 10 (ten) officers from the rank of ASI and above during their period of undergoing training/courses.
4. WEATHER CONDITIONS
Chumukedima is very hot and humid during April to August and cold from December to February. Personnel nominated for courses are advised to buy suitable clothing, keeping the seasons is mind.
5. LOCATION OF NAGALAND POLICE TRAINING SCHOOL
It is located about 15 kms. from Dimapur/Railway Station, about 13 kms. from Dimapur Airport. It is housed in the Police Complex on the side of National Highway 39 at Chumukedima. The Institution is on the western end of the Police complex and about 2 (two) kms. from the NH-39.